Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Abstract Painting Project

For the major project of my sixth graders this term, I asked them to make an abstract rendition of Sandro Botticelli's Madonna and Child and Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa. The project was called Renaissance to Modern Art. I gave them a really short introduction about Pablo Picasso's works. I guess looking at Picasso's masterpieces gave them an inspiration because their artworks turned out really good. The students needed to paint the artwork on an 12x16 canvas using either tempera or acrylic paint.

Here are some of their artworks:

Madonna and Child by Carmel Baulita (Grade 6-B)


Madonna and Child by Marga Ebrada (Grade 6-B)


Abstract Mona Lisa by Mina Heo (Grade 6-A)


Abstract Mona Lisa by Niqui Belen (Grade 6-A)

1 comment:

scott davidson said...

In a way, for an art-lover like myself, decorating our home is quite easy. I just please myself mostly, with my poor husband going along with most of my choices. I am always collecting beautiful things, like handicraft decorative pieces, little sculptures and hangings.
And I simply hang lovely paintings in all our rooms. Not all are originals of course, as who can afford many of those.
I order many prints on canvas from Wahooart who have a vast collection of images from Western art, that you can choose to make economically-priced prints like this Interior in Aubergines, by Henri Matisse, from there.
I can choose the frames as well and my orders are delivered quickly to my home.