Vincent Van Gogh was a dutch post impressionist artist. Some of his paintings are now among the world's best known, most popular and expensive works of art. One of his famous paintings is "Sunflowers".
I tried to let my students imitate this vibrant art work as a tribute to the artist's great work!
1) oil pastel
1) Draw a line for the table. outline a jar above it.
2) Draw a series of circles for flowers. The circles size could vary from small, large and medium. Draw small petals around the flowers.
3) Draw stems and add leaves.
4) Trace the pencil drawing with a marker.
5) Color your work heavily with oil pastel.
Here are some works made by the students:
Sunflowers by Natsumi Cortes of grade 2-B
Sunflowers by Ellen Lee of Grade 6-A