Grade Level: Grade 6
1) Potato chip can or soft-drink (1L) bottle
2) Red felt paper/ velvet paper
4) Googly eyes ( if none is available, you can use black and white construction paper
to make the eyes or you can simply draw).
5) Peach construction paper
6) Glue and scissors
1) Cover the upper half of the can with peach construction paper (This will serve as Santa's face.)
2) Cover its lower half with red velvet paper (for Santa's clothes).
"Details on Santa's Face"
3) Attach the googly eyes at the center to the peach covered part of the can.
4) For Santa's nose, you can glue a small red circle or just draw it using a marker or pastel.
5) Cover the rest of the peach colored part with cotton (for his hair and beard.)
"Details on Santa's Clothes"
6) Cut a thin strip of white paper and glue it around the middle of the red covered part. Glue a small circle on its center (this will be his belt).
7) Put white buttons on your puppet's upper torso by cutting and pasting small white circles.
8) Cut out two mountain-like curves on the black construction paper and glue it on the lower end of the puppet (for its shoes).
9) Cut two rectangular strips of red velvet paper (it should not be too narrow nor too wide). Glue one edge of it on the left and right side of the puppet (for its hands). Glue small a amount of cotton on the other edge of the rectangular strip. Attach a small peach circle at the end of it.
10) Accessorize your Santa puppet by putting a hat on its head!
Here are some of my six grader's works: