Grade Level: Primary Elementary Level (Grades 1 to 3)
This simple paper poinsettia is suitable for a 45 minute class in the primary levels. I gave my students petal patterns to make the size of their output similar. This is a very simple activity which can be used even in the pre-school level.
1) Red and Yellow (or gold) construction paper
1) Draw and cut out 8 petals from the red construction paper. Make sure that the petals are similar in size. (Petal patterns are very helpful).
2) Attach the petals together by gluing their edges.
3) Crumple a small piece of the yellow/ golden construction paper into a small ball. Make at least three of these.
4) Glue the small balls to the center of the flower.